Is My Electric Panel Box Safe

Fort Worth Home Inspector finds burn marks inside panel boxBurn marks inside of an electrical panel box found by Fort Worth Home Inspector.  Many homes have older and unsafe panel boxes, or panel boxes that are located in clothing closets.  Realty Inspection Services wants you to visit the link below  to a great site that has information to help you determine if your pane box is safe or if it is time to have it moved and replaced.


In the picture a breaker melted  to the bus bar of the panel and can no longer adequately trip in case of an overcurrent or short circuit, an extreme amount of power from the outside electrical supply surges into a home’s panel and circuits. Once that happens, it cannot be stopped or shut off manually. Electricity will burn until it runs out of fuel or the wires melt. The panel could overheat and catch fire, causing serious harm to your home and family.


Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.